Monday, March 15, 2010

Citylypse 2010 Summary

After 2,200 miles, $42.25 in tolls, $237.23 in gas money, $41 in cab rides, and 8 hotel rooms, Citylypse 2010 is officially over.  I am back in Richmond recouping after a very long trip.  8 cities in 9 days was quite the ambitious challenge but we proved it was possible. 

I now have cityscapes up on iStock from Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, & Louisville.  Cincinnati & Columbus will follow.  Now we just have to wait for the sales to kick in.  That generally takes a month or so and it will take a year or so to find out whether or not the shoot was profitable.

Thanks to all for following along and for the feedback.  Here is a summary of the cities I visited:


1 comment:

Dave said...

Great series Josh. I am 100% sure you'll make you money back and a lot more. Detroit is my favourite followed by Chicago. I guess you'll have to see which ones sell best and then go back and shoot it again at a different time of year/day/location.

You are really making this an area of strength in your photographic arsenal. Next stop Australia!

View My Portfolio