Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Myrtle Beach Days # 2 & 3


The past two days have been absolutely wonderful days of relaxation.  Our typical vacation is generally spent trying to cram as much into each day as humanly possible.  This usually results in a comment when returning home that goes something like "wow, I am exhausted, I really need a vacation".  This Myrtle Beach trip is the first in a long time where the goal of each day is to do absolutely nothing.

We have been going for long walks on the beach, sitting on the beach watching the waves, making an occassional venture into the ocean or just floating around in the pool.  My ADHD personality generally hates doing stuff like that but it was so needed and I am loving it.

We have had mostly cloudy days thus far this week but the sun peaks through occassionally and I have still managed to scorch the top of my feet.  The water has been warm and the days have been closing out with enough sun to get that beautiful sparkle across the water as the sun sets behind.

Sun rises have been non-existent due to all of the clouds.  This morning was the first morning that I was able to squeeze any light out of the sky.  The image above was the result but I had to go a little overboard in processing.

Am and I headed out yesterday to the Hard Rock Cafe.  I have collected the pilsner glasses for years and have a collection sitting above my desk at work.  While my collection is small compared to real collectors, I do have glasses from 14 different cities and was excited about scoring number 15.  The food at Hard Rock was great (as always) but we were told that they have discontinued selling the pilsners.  I was completely shocked as that is a huge collectors item.  I guess I am now collecting pint glasses?  Here we are at the cool pyramid shaped Hard Rock:



We went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner to celebrate Am's parents' (Mike & Patti Breen's) 35th wedding anniversary. We collectively decided that there are good Outbacks and bad Outbacks. This was a good Outback. The food was great and our server was very good. Here we are at Outback:
We headed back to the Marriott after dinner and watched a movie before retiring for a night. Day 2 and 3 were good days but day 4 was about to be awesome...

No comments:

View My Portfolio